This is the salad of my dreams. After doing some research I stumbled on an article from “ People ” this salad looked way too good to resist. The salad used Brussels sprouts cooked in rendered fat with crispy pieces of pancetta, salty pistachios, Manchego cheese and a runny poached egg. The recipe was shared with PEOPLE by Napa Valley Grille chef Taylor Boudreaux and so incredibly delicious and easy to make. I will link the original article below if you want to take a look as I made a few improvisations and measurements accordingly to my taste buds. It is filling, hearty, and perfect for lunch or dinner.
Julia Roberts Eat Brussels Sprout Salad In L.A.—Get the Recipe | PEOPLE.com
Julia Roberts Favourite Warm Brussels Sprout & Pancetta Salad
For the Salad⠀⠀
- 2 slices of chopped bacon — or pancetta
- 4 cups of thinly sliced Brussels sprouts
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon roasted chopped pistachios
- few shavings of Manchego Cheese or Parmigiano Cheese
- 1 tablespoon vinegar for the poached egg
- 1 poached egg — leave out if allergic ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey dijon mustard — or any
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water on the stove to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar and give the water a swirl with a spoon.
- Gently add one egg and let it poach for four minutes. If you like a hard poached egg let it go for six minutes at least. If you don’t want to poach an egg you can easily fry up an egg as well.
- Take it out and set it aside on paper towel. Cut the brussels sprouts in half and wash them really well. Thinly slice each one with some patience or you can use a food processor as well. In a separate jar add all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette and give it a shake.
- Now you can put a pan on the stove on medium-high heat and fry up the pancetta or bacon until crispy.
- Add in the thinly sliced brussels sprouts. Give it a quick stir an add a touch of salt and pour over the vinaigrette. Let it cook for 30 seconds just to cook off the raw ingredients and take it off the heat.
- The brussels sprouts should not be mushy they should be crispy and have a bite to them. Add them to a bowl with some toasted pistachios or any nut of choice.
- I toasted my pistachios for a few minutes on the stove. Add shavings of Manchego cheese or even Parm and add the poached egg on top. Cracked black pepper on top of the egg is optional. Enjoy
This salad was amazing ! I didn’t poach the eggs because I was rushing, but the flavour combinations were incredible !!! Instead of poaching I just soft boiled. Was so yummy!
Maria thank you so much for the feedback love ! Means so much ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
This looks so good! What a great lunch meal prep for the week!
Aw thanks Suzanne ❤️
Thanks for sharing! Does it keep long?
This salad is best eaten right away but if you want it for a few days I suggest cutting everything up and having everything ready in the fridge and just doing the very last step which is the dressing before you enjoy it. Cooked Brussels sprouts tend to get soggy quicker once cooked.
So delicious, thank you so much. from Brazil
Hi Luzia! Huge hugs and kisses from me!