Juicy Lemon Pepper Yogurt Chicken. Thank you for the 17 million + on my yogurt chicken recipes that seem to be a huge hit with everyone. Although yogurt is not a secret ingredient to me or other cultures like India, Middle East, and certain European countries, it is a secret ingredient to a lot of other people around the world. My family and I have been cooking and tenderizing meat with yogurt for generations and it’s by far my favourite way. On my last few viral videos I was asked if you can make it in the air-fryer so I created this new recipe and video for you all. Please keep in mind that you can absolutely bake it in the oven instead at 400F for 45-60 minutes uncovered but be sure to put it on broil for a few minutes at the end to crisp up the skin. If you are unsure and always skeptical or nervous about knowing when chicken the chicken is fully cooked, please use an instant read thermometer. Leg and thigh meat is still safe at 165°F, but it is recommended to cook it to an internal temperature of about 170-175°F (77-79°C). Technically, you don’t have to wait at all but the longer you let it rest, the juicier and more tender it will be. For best results I recommend covered in the fridge overnight.
Juicy Lemon Pepper Yogurt Chicken
- 6 bone in skin on, chicken thighs — or boneless, any cut of chicken will work
- salt to taste
- lemon pepper to taste — 1/2-1 tablespoon depending on how you like it
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 heaping tablespoons plain yogurt — I use Balkan-Style but Greek or any you like works
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil — any oil you like
- Add the chicken to a bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and massage it really well with clean hands.
- Cover it and let it sit and marinate on the counter for one hour or in the fridge overnight.
- Transfer it into the air-fryer and air-fry at 380F for 15-20 minutes.
- The cook time will depend on the size of the chicken but you can always insert an instant read thermometer to be sure. Feel free to bake the chicken instead at 400F for 45-60 minutes + a few minutes on BROIL at the end to crisp up the skin.
- Enjoy with salad, mashed potatoes, on wraps, with rice, or with any side you like.
This dish turned out sooo dang good !!!! You have to make this tonight !!!
Planning on making this tonight. I’m going to cook in the oven in a cast iron skillet. Would the yogurt burn if I sear the thighs skin down before putting them in the oven?
The yogurt may burn that way I would suggest putting them on broil at the end to crisp up the skin