Easy Healthy & Creamy Bulgarian Salad…This recipe tastes like home to me and this is everything I need in a refreshing salad all summer long. My mom has been making salads like these for as long as I can remember. What makes this salad so appetizing is really taking the time to slice the ingredients as thinly as possible, which ensures the dressing coats every little piece. If you are a lover of yogurt, or dips like Tzatziki, then you will love this easy and fresh salad. If you are dairy-free or don’t eat yogurt, you can use white balsamic vinegar instead. When we use white balsamic vinegar in the salad my mom also likes to add a few boiled, quartered eggs. This salad is perfect for lunch or dinner.
Easy Creamy Bulgarian Green Salad
- 7 to 8 romaine leaves (or any crunchy lettuce you enjoy)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped or a small handful finely chopped chives
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced (optional)
- 3 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 heaping tablespoons plain yogurt, plus more to taste (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- Add the green onions, radishes (if using), cucumbers, yogurt, and olive oil to the bowl and season with salt. Mix until well combined and taste for seasoning and creaminess, adding more yogurt or salt if needed. Enjoy!