Cucumber Salad Boats
on Jun 25, 2021, Updated Jan 11, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Cucumber Salad Boats are the perfect blend of crisp 🥒 cucumber, creamy cheese, and a mixture of toppings. The straightforward nature of this recipe makes it perfect for a quick snack, a light appetizer, or even a simple lunch. Whether you’re serving these beauties alongside Grilled Chicken Thighs or as part of a brunch spread, these cucumber salad boats are sure to impress even the harshest critic.
Why You’ll Love Cucumber Salad Boats
You’ll love these cucumber salad boats for their combination of crunchy cucumber, smooth 🧀 cream cheese, and fresh toppings that create a refreshing and light dish. This recipe is perfect for those who want a healthy and satisfying snack or even a light meal. With only a few simple steps, this recipe is an ideal choice for busy days or when you want a fuss-free dish.
How To Prepare Cucumber Salad Boats
🥒 First, cut the cucumber in half and scoop out the seeds.
🍓 If you want, you can save the cucumber seeds to use in a smoothie or yogurt dip.
🧀 Then, fill the cucumber halves with your preferred creamy cheese.
🥑 Top with avocado, Kalamata olives, and everything but the bagel seasoning.
🌟 Enjoy your delicious creation!
Cucumber Salad Boats Variations and Substitutions
These amazing cucumber salad boats are a blank canvas! Check out some suggestions here, and don’t forget to tell me in the comments if you come up with your own tasty version!
- If you’re looking for a 🥛 dairy-free option, use vegan cream cheese or nut-based cheese alternatives.
- Instead of creamy cheese, use hummus, tzatziki, or spicy mayo as the base in your cucumber salad boats.
- Use cream cheese, goat cheese, feta, or a combination of cheeses.
- Feel free to swap the avocado with slices of ripe 🍅 tomatoes or bell peppers.
- You can definitely make your own everything bagel seasoning mix with sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried 🧄 garlic, dried onion, and salt. Alternatively, you could use another seasoning blend that you prefer.
Best Served With
- Other finger foods on an appetizer platter if you’re hosting
- Brunch with a frittata or High-Protein Breakfast Casserole
- A side of whole grains like quinoa or couscous
|Product Name / Primary Rating / Price
Feel free to use any spread you love, such as asiago dip, hummus, spicy mayo, or Tzatziki.
Yes, you can certainly use vegan cream cheese or nut-based cheese alternatives for a dairy-free option.
You can make your own seasoning mix with sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried garlic, dried onion, and salt. Or you’re welcome to use another seasoning blend that you enjoy.
Cucumber Salad Boats
- 1 English cucumber, scoop out the seeds
- ½ cup cream cheese, feta or hummus
- 8 Kalamata olives
- ½ avocado, sliced
- everything but the bagel seasoning , optional
- Cut the cucumber in half and scoop out the seeds.
- If you want to, you can save the cucumber seeds to use in a smoothie or yogurt dip.
- Fill the cucumber halves with your preferred creamy cheese.
- Top with avocado, Kalamata olives, and everything but the bagel seasoning. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.