The most perfect and creamy lemon shrimp pasta in a white wine and butter sauce. Why go out when you can make something even better at home. It takes 15 minutes from start to finish and it’s the most heavenly pasta dish of all time. This is absolutely perfect for Christmas Eve as one of your seafood dishes on the table, or any time of year. I can honestly eat a plate of pasta like this all year long without getting sick of it. It is creamy, light, lemon-y and everything you want in a pasta recipe. You can totally leave out the shrimp and make this vegetarian.
Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta in a Wine and Butter Sauce
- tablespoon of butter
- tablespoon of olive oil
- 14 peeled and deveined large or jumbo shrimp
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- chilli flakes are optional
- ⅓ cup white wine or vegetable stock
- ¼ cup heavy cream or cream from a can of coconut milk
- dash of salt + pepper to taste
- zest of one lemon
- squeeze of lemon juice
- cooked pasta of choice, I used 150 grams dry linguine
- splash of starchy pasta water
- parsley for garnish
- In a pan on medium heat melt the butter and olive oil and make sure it’s hot and it’s shimmers before you add the raw shrimp in.
- Cook the shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until pink and remove it from the pan. In the same pan add the garlic, chilli flakes and stir.
- Add the white wine and let it cook off for a few minutes until thick and reduced. Add the heavy cream, a pinch of salt and pepper, lemon zest + lemon juice and stir.
- Add the shrimp back in with the cooked pasta and a splash of the pasta water. Stir it all up, garnish with parsley, serve and enjoy.
How many servings does this recipe make?
2 smaller servings or one large
Definetly a favorite shrimp scampi recipe, this is a keeper to make again and often. I used Red Argentine large easy peel and deveined shrimp, tastes like little lobsters.
So happy you love this recipe JosieJo ❤️
Tasty and easy to make! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the comment Kathy 🙂
Made per recipe and added 1/2 cup shredded Parm cheese. Really good! I will make this again!
SO happy Robin 🙂