I have been making this cheesy roasted garlic bread for years which has been the star of the show for every occasion. It’s the first appetizer to disappear on the table, and a crowd pleaser. This recipe takes minimal effort but has maximum flavor. It’s cheesy, garlicky and must make!
Pull Apart Roasted Garlic Bread Stuffed with Cheese
- 2 small 6 inch baguettes or one 12 inch baguette
- 4 tablespoons softened butter I used 1/2 a stick
- 1 whole head of garlic + drizzle of olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley or any herb
- pinch of salt
- 16 mozzarella cheese pieces to fit inside or any cheese like provolone, cheddar, brie
- 2 tbsp grated parm optional
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Take a whole head of garlic and cut off the top so that the garlic is exposed. Add a touch of oil. Wrap it in foil and roast it in the oven at 400F for 35 minutes or until caramelized and soft.
- Let it cool, squeeze it out of its shell into a bowl and give it a mash with the softened butter, parsley, pinch of salt and grated parmesan. Take the baguette and make 8 slits with a knife 3/4 of the way making sure not to cut all the way through.
- Add a touch of the roasted garlic butter inside each opening and add a piece of cheese into each slit as well. Brush the remaining garlic butter on the top of the bread and roll up the baguettes in foil. Bake on a baking sheet in a preheated 400° F oven for 25 minutes or until golden.
- After 25 minutes you can uncover it and optionally add them on broil for about a minute keeping a close eye on them. Serve warm and enjoy.