on Apr 22, 2023, Updated May 11, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Variations of these breakfast bagels have been circling around the internet lately, and after making my own version, I can see they are totally worth the hype. You can make these with any ingredients you have on hand and cook them in an air fryer, toaster oven, or oven.
Table of Contents
For toppings, I rotate between grated cheese or feta as my base and add any veggies I have in the kitchen. There are no exact measurements so please measure with your heart. The timing will depend on the oven or air fryer so keep an eye on the bagel as it cooks. You’ll know it’s ready when the egg has set and the whites are no longer jiggly. I love how this recipe unexpectedly calls for cooking the bagel soft-side-down, allowing both sides to get evenly crisp; but you can prepare this with the bagel any side up.
- 1 bagel, cut in half
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 slice sweet green pepper
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta or grated cheese
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F if the air fryer has a preheat setting.
- Place the bagel, soft side down, in the air fryer (I cooked mine in an air fryer parchment paper liner) and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place a slice of pepper in the center of the bagel, followed by the cheese. Crack one egg on top and season with salt (and pepper is optional).
- Air fry (or bake) at 400F until the egg has set. Keep an eye on it and check every 5 minutes. Mine took about 10 minutes.
- Enjoy with hot sauce or anything you like!