This decadent dessert happens to be plant based, dairy-free and gluten-free. It is sweet, fudge-like, chocolatey, and everything you want but more. The beautiful and ripe avocados give you the creamiest texture you could possibly ask for. When you get tired of making avocado toast, or guacamole, take your ripe avocados and make chocolate mousse instead! You will need:
5 Ingredient Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- 2 medium pitted ripe avocados
- ¼ cup agave — maple syrup or honey work
- pinch of salt — brings out the sweetness
- ¼ cup unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
- 2-3 tablespoons nut milk — or any
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips — or any
- Put a pot on the stove with a little bit of water and a heat-proof bowl on top. Let it come to a simmer on low heat, add your chocolate chips and over a double boiler melt your chocolate chips — or microwave works too but I don’t own one.
- Once melted, take out your food processor and to add the ripe pitted avocados, the melted chocolate, and the rest of your ingredients. Process until smooth. You can even open the processor and scrape down the sides and process again.
- Processing will take about 1 minute until everything is nice and creamy. Separate in 4 small bowls and enjoy right away or refrigerate. It will last in the fridge for days but it won’t last. Feel free to add it to a piping bag if you feel like being fancy. Enjoy