This here is home cooking for me, everything I want in a dish and more. My mom and I have been making this easy recipe for as long as I can remember and it’s a go-to lunch or dinner in our house. We absolutely love it and pair it with yogurt or our cold cucumber soup which we call ”Tarator”. You can search for the cold cucumber soup in the search tab. Zucchini rice is a very simple dish that requires minimal ingredients but has maximum flavour. In Bulgaria we are known for throwing ingredients in a pot and making a soup or a stew out of anything and although this is not traditional, it is absolutely outstanding.
Delicious Meat & Zucchini Rice
- 1 cup rinsed jasmine rice or long grain any rice you love will work
- 2 cups water + salt to boil the rice in
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil any oil you like
- 500 grams any ground meat of choice pork, beef, turkey, chicken or any you like
- 1 medium finely diced zucchini
- 1 finely diced onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- handful of fresh and finely chopped dill dill is optional but highly recommended
- Cook the rice as per the package instructions and set aside.
- In a skillet add the oil, and let it heat up. Add the ground meat of choice with a generous pinch of salt and break it up as you stir for 8-10 min or until golden.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onions and zucchini and stir for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and take it off the heat.
- Stir in the fresh dill and add in the cooked rice. Gently mix it all together and enjoy.
Can you freeze this?
I’ve made this a few times. Always good! This time, I added a little smoked paprika and cumin to the ground turkey as it cooked and I threw in some carrots and mushrooms with the zucchini and onions. 10/10. It really brought all the ingredients together. Love this!
Hi Jess! That makes me so happy and thank you for leaving me such a sweet review