Yellow Beans in a Garlic Tomato Sauce
on Oct 19, 2021, Updated Aug 31, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These are the best yellow beans that you will ever have that are sautéed in the most delicious garlic tomato sauce. This is my mom’s recipe and it never disappoints. You can absolutely use green beans but yellow are the tastiest. Green beans don’t taste as good as yellow but it’s up to you. You will need:
- 2 lbs 1 kilo of yellow beans
- 1 onion washed and diced
- ⅓ cup avocado oil or any
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 6 cloves diced garlic
- 2.5 teaspoons dry oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- salt to taste, min 1.5 teaspoons
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2.5 cups of hot water
- dill for garnish, dill is best
- Wash your yellow beans and cut them on each end.
- On medium-high heat in a big pot on the stove sauté your onion for a few minutes until it’s nice and translucent.
- Add the rest of your ingredients one at a time as you start after each ingredient. Add your yellow beans and gently stir them in. Add enough water just to cover them (The water should be hot and the same level as the beans).
- Cover it and leave a little indent for the air to escape. Once it comes to a boil you can reduce the heat to medium and let it go for 30 to 35 minutes stirring one time gently halfway through.
- Add 1/3 cup finely chopped dill and take it off the heat once your beans are cooked and the sauce has reduced and thickened.