If you have a few minutes to spare, you can make these incredibly delicious and Healthy Apple Breakfast Muffins in no time at all. My last muffin recipe went viral with over 14 million views on TikTok and Instagram combined. It’s safe to say, they were a massive hit amongst everyone. The number one question I kept on receiving in the original recipe was if I had an egg replacement, and if I could make it with a different type of flour instead of oats. I am always looking at my comments and requests, taking everything into consideration, and working on the back end to make more people included. I know so many of you struggle with allergies and intolerances so I make it a point to try and help everyone out so you can all enjoy delicious breakfast muffins like these. This recipe makes 4 muffins so feel free to double or triple it.
Healthy Apple Breakfast Muffins
- 1 ripe mashed banana the riper the sweeter the muffin
- ¼ cup apple purée I used organic, you can use any
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar optional and add more if you like more sweetness
- 1 cup of blanched almond flour blanched means the skin was removed
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
The Apple Topping:
- ½ of a finely diced apple any you like
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil any oil or butter works
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 teaspoon of sweetener like maple syrup or coconut sugar is optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Mash one ripe banana, add the apple purée, pure vanilla extract and coconut sugar. Give it a stir and add the almond flour and baking powder.
- Stir again and pour into a muffin tin lined with parchment paper liners. I get 4 medium muffins out of this recipe so feel free to double or triple it.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set or a toothpick comes out clean. Let them cool and optionally make the apple topping.
- Dice half of and apple into small cubes.
- In a skillet on medium heat, add all of the ingredients for the apple topping and stir for a few minutes until the apples have softened but still have a bite to them.
- Take it off the heat, add a scoop on top of each muffin and enjoy.
I made this recipe and the flavor is right on point. The consistency of the muffins was very mushy, not sure but maybe because they were still warm? I’ll see what happens in the afternoon with the rest of them. Thank you for your recipes.