The best, easiest, garlicky cauliflower mash you will ever have. If you are not a lover of cauliflower I feel like I can change your mind. This is the easiest few ingredient recipe will ever come across and absolutely delicious. If you find that that the cauliflower you make is watery it’s because you are not drying it out properly on the stove after it’s boiled. The trick to the perfect cauliflower mash is to drain it really well and let that water evaporate in a pan on medium heat for 5-6 minutes before it’s mashed. If you don’t do this step, you definitely can have a very watery mash. This recipe makes 2 large portions or 4 small. You will need:
Creamiest Non-Watery Garlicky Cauliflower Mash
- 1 small head raw cauliflower — 6 cups
- salt to taste
- tablespoon of butter
- tablespoon cream cheese — optional
- 1/4-1/2 of a garlic clove — trust me it can be super pungent you can also use roasted garlic for that mild flavour
- Wash and break up your cauliflower into florets. Boil water on the stove and salt it.
- Once it comes to a boil you can add in the cauliflower and let it go until it’s fork tender. Mine usually takes around 10-15 minutes.
- Drain out the water and transfer it into a pan on the stove on medium-high heat.
- Mash it down without touching the pan as you don’t want to damage your non-stick pans and let that water evaporate completely as you stir. This will take about 5 to 6 minutes.
- You can now add it to a food processor with a little bit of extra salt, touch of butter, 1/4 of a garlic clove ( or garlic powder ) and optionally any cream cheese you love.
- Process on high until creamy and enjoy. Can be refrigerated and re-heated up to 3-4 days.
Super delicious and easy! My husband said he wouldn’t know it was cauliflower if I hadn’t told him.