Easy Greek Bowl
on Jan 05, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
My easy Greek bowl recipe will satisfy every craving. It’s not only healthy, it’s incredibly fast to make. This bowl takes 15-20 minutes from start to finish and can be customized with toppings of your choice. For those of you that are new, I was born and raised in Bulgaria, and lived on the island of Crete with my family for quite some time. My mom learned how to cook authentic Greek food from all her friends in Heraklion (Iraklion) so I am thankful to have had Mediterranean influence and cuisine part of my upbringing. Sofia is the capital of Bulgaria and very close to the Greek border so still love to take annual road trips or visit friends whenever we can. Please let me know in the comments below what other bowls you want me to make as I am happy to share more traditional recipes with a “modern” twist! If you make this healthy Greek bowl, I kindly ask to leave me a review.
Easy Greek Bowl
- 1 cubed skinless boneless chicken breast, mine was 8oz raw
- tablespoon of olive oil divided in half, or avocado oil
- salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, to taste
- ½ cup cooked jasmine rice: rice is optional
- handful of baby arugula , optional or sub for lettuce
- ¼ cup finely diced tomato
- ¼ cup finely diced cucumber
- kalamata olives , measure with your heart
- ¼ cup feta of choice , I crumbled mine
- tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- few dollops of tzatziki, recipe linked in notes
- finely chopped fresh parsley for garnish is optional
- Cook 1/2 cup dry jasmine rice as per the package instructions. I like to add a big pinch of salt to the water as well. Once cooked, set it aside. You can make rice the night before as well or use cauliflower rice too.
- Cube the chicken breast into equal sized pieces so that it cooks evenly and in the same amount of time. Add 1/2 tablespoon of oil and the seasoning, all to taste.
- In a pan on medium-high heat, add the other 1/2 tablespoon of oil and make sure it heats up. When the chicken is placed, it should sizzle. I like to place the chicken cubes in the pan spaced apart so that the meat doesn’t steam.
- Cook it on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned. Take it off the heat, cover loosely with foil and let it rest while you assemble the bowl.
- To a bowl, add the cooked rice, handful of baby arugula, the cooked chicken, and the toppings of choice. You can add as much or as little of everything as this recipe is super versatile.
- You can dollop on homemade or store-bought tzatziki and enjoy! I will link my tzatziki recipe below in the notes if you’re interested. Finely chopped fresh parsley on top is optional.