Easy Creamy Hummus
on Aug 21, 2022, Updated Aug 30, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
My Easy creamy hummus tastes better than store-bought. It also happens to be easier on digestion as we remove the skins which can typically cause discomfort. Once you learn how to make hummus at home, I promise you won’t go back to anything else.
Table of Contents
This recipe is incredibly versatile and can be used to dip veggies with, for wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and so many other ways. It stores perfectly in the fridge, and it will be gone before you know it so I suggest you make double.
The magic of this hummus is in peeling the chickpeas which creates the creamiest texture you will ever have. Hummus also spelled houmous, and is a Middle Eastern spread, or savory dish made from cooked chickpeas blended with tahini, lemon juice, and garlic. The standard garnish in the Middle East includes olive oil, a few whole chickpeas, parsley, and paprika. The word hummus actually means “chickpea“ in Arabic. I hope you give this recipe a try and please let me know how you liked it in the comments.
Easy Creamy Hummus
- 1, 15 oz can of organic chickpeas, you can also boil your own chickpeas
- salt to taste
- juice of 1/2-1 lemon , depending on preference
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- ¼ cup of tahini which is known as sesame seed butter
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Rinse and drain a can of organic chickpeas. Gently squeeze each chickpea one by one and remove the skin. The skin will pop right off. Alternatively I have been told if you add them to a bowl with water, and rub them gently for about 2 minutes, the skin will all come off and float to the top.
- Once the skin is removed from all of the chickpeas, add them to a food processor with the rest of the ingredients. Process on high speed until silky smooth for about a minute.
- Feel free to add a touch more water based on the consistency you like.
- Enjoy right away or refrigerate.
You can use a can of organic chickpeas as listed or simply boil your own according to the package directions.