Beef Stew Soup
on Nov 18, 2021, Updated Jan 23, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
The heartiest most comforting and healthy vegetable beef stew soup. This soup is my go-to soup for the cooler winter months and it really feels like home.
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado oil
- small pack stewing beef , 0.400 kg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 finely diced onion
- 2 finely diced celery ribs
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups plain tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 small diced potatoes
- 2 diced carrots
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- parsley for garnish
- In a pot on the stove on medium-high heat add the oil and make sure it gets hot. Add the beef stew pieces and make sure they sizzle as they hit the oil without overcrowding the pot.
- We want a nice caramelization on each side for extra flavour. Season the meat with salt and pepper on each side and once it’s browned remove it and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and In the same pot add the onions, celery and stir. Add the garlic and stir. Pour a tiny splash of water or stock to deglaze the pot and add in the tomato sauce and italian seasoning.
- You can now add the meat back in and pour over the beef broth and water. Add a bay leaf, let it come to a boil, reduce the heat to low and partially cover it and let it go for 1.5 hours.
- After 1.5 hours add the potatoes and carrots and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and parsley the last 5 minutes, take it off the heat and enjoy.