The heartiest most comforting and healthy vegetable beef stew soup. This soup is my go-to soup for the cooler winter months and it really feels like home.
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado oil
- small pack stewing beef 0.400 kg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 finely diced onion
- 2 finely diced celery ribs
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups plain tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 small diced potatoes
- 2 diced carrots
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- parsley for garnish
- In a pot on the stove on medium-high heat add the oil and make sure it gets hot. Add the beef stew pieces and make sure they sizzle as they hit the oil without overcrowding the pot.
- We want a nice caramelization on each side for extra flavour. Season the meat with salt and pepper on each side and once it’s browned remove it and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and In the same pot add the onions, celery and stir. Add the garlic and stir. Pour a tiny splash of water or stock to deglaze the pot and add in the tomato sauce and italian seasoning.
- You can now add the meat back in and pour over the beef broth and water. Add a bay leaf, let it come to a boil, reduce the heat to low and partially cover it and let it go for 1.5 hours.
- After 1.5 hours add the potatoes and carrots and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and parsley the last 5 minutes, take it off the heat and enjoy.