Pesto eggs made in a bell pepper with feta, green onions, tomatoes that are absolute perfection. If you are Bulgarian, you know how much we love and bake bell peppers with eggs/feta and this is inspired by our Bulgarian classic dish that’s on every menu back home. This is an incredible low-carb option, a healthier alternative for breakfast or lunch and absolutely phenomenal. If you are dairy-free, just use a dairy-free cheese you love instead or leave it out and use a bit more pesto. “Pesto eggs “have been trending lately and I decided to do something different than just your usual toast (which is absolutely delicious btw). This was more appealing to me because it’s not only delicious but so easy to make.
Air fryer bell peppers with eggs
- 1 bell pepper halved and clean out the seeds
- sprinkle of feta or any cheese
- diced cherry tomatoes
- ¼ diced scallion green onion
- salt to taste
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 tablespoon pesto any
- Cut your bell pepper and a half directly through the stem. Clean out the inside and remove the seeds.
- Add a sprinkle of feta or any cheese of choice, finally diced cherry tomatoes, green scallions are optional, and separately whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt and the sun-dried tomato pesto.
- Fill each half with the egg-mixture just below the rim of the pepper. Gently transfer it into your air fryer and air fry at 370°F for 18 to 20 minutes but please keep an eye on it as it will depend on the air-fryer.
- Parsley for garnish is optional (and extra feta on top) and enjoy.