This might be the healthiest cream of hidden veggie soup you’ve ever had! When mom and dad taught me how to make the healthiest creamy soups without the heavy cream, I just never looked back. We have been making soups like this in my family for generations. The secret ingredient to making it just as velvety and creamy, is potatoes! Potatoes will transform any soup into the most beautiful and silky texture. In Bulgaria we are known for making some of the best soups, and soup is a staple for us. Soup has always been part of our tradition and culture, so we can rarely have a meal without it. We have so many different soups like this one, so please let me know if you want to see more. This soup is also made with 6+ hidden veggies, which you’ll never know are in here! To cut back on time I used my favourite organic broth by Kettle & Fire @kettleandfire which is full of incredible quality ingredients. Kettle and Fire has high quality broths that are rich, and better than your average stock. It’s chef made with 100% grass-fed bones. It’s all natural and gluten-free. There are no additives or preservatives, no antibiotics or hormones no artificial flavors or colours and no extra sodium so it’s worth a try!
Healthiest Cream of Hidden Veggie Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 2 diced carrots
- 2 celery ribs
- 2 garlic cloves quartered
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small head of cauliflower separated into florets about 5 cups total
- 3 medium yellow potatoes 3 cups peeled and quartered
- 4 cups chicken or veggie broth
- 2 cups water
- chives + bacon bits for presentation are optional
- In a big pot on the stove on medium high heat add olive oil and add the onions.
- You do not need to dice anything finely because everything will be puréed at the end.
- Add the carrots, celery, garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and stir again. Add the cauliflower florets and potatoes.
- Cover with enough stock and water and put just enough to cover the veggies. Let it come to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and partially cover it with a lid, let it cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until the veggies are soft.
- Once the soup is done, you can use a stick blender to blend until smooth. You can also blend the veggies with the stock in batches in a blender if you don’t own an immersion blender.
- If blending with a blender, pour the creamy soup back in to the pot and taste for salt. Serve with bacon bits and chives.
I love this soup! It is super easy and my two year old also enjoyed it!
This soup is absolutely DELICIOUS! My family is not a lover of vegetables but when they tried this soup (not knowing what it was made of) they really liked it. Thank you so much for sharing!!!
So happy Elizabeth
Very hearty and easy. Great for meal prep.
So glad you approve!
I don’t count calories on the blog Debi. Please pop in the ingredients into a calorie calculating app