Easy Bulgarian Garlic & Dill Potatoes: This recipe is simply home for me. These easy garlic and dill potatoes are on the menu in every Bulgarian restaurant and on the table in every Bulgarian household. They are only 6-7 ingredients and so unbelievably easy to make. They make the perfect side for lunch or dinner and I highly recommend you give them a try. Dill and garlic are the star of the show but you can absolutely adjust the herbs. Dill in my opinion is one of the most underrated herbs out there and one of the most delicious so I highly recommend you give it a chance. It’s such a refreshing herb and pairs perfectly with potatoes and vegetables. We use dill in Bulgaria in a lot of our recipes and dips and I absolutely love it. This recipe brings me so much happiness and I am sure you have something similar in your culture as well. Please let me know in the comments where you’re from and if you have a similar dish like this one.
Easy Bulgarian Garlic & Dill Potatoes
- 1.5 lbs of baby yellow potatoes enough to fit in your dish — cut in half or any potatoes you enjoy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup finely chopped garlic — I used two very large cloves
- ¼ cup finely chopped dill — or as much as you like
- Cut the yellow baby potatoes in half and add them to a baking dish. I used a 9 by 9 inch baking dish but you can use any you like.
- Add salt, pepper to taste, and drizzle on some olive oil. Give it a mix, and on one corner push the potatoes to the side a bit with a spoon and pour in the water.
- Bake uncovered at 425F for 45 minutes or until golden.
- In the meantime finely chop the garlic and the fresh dill. The moment the potatoes come out of the oven and they are sizzling hot, add the garlic and dill right away and give it a mix.
- The heat will cook off any of that raw garlic flavour right away. Enjoy