Easiest Shirazi Salad: This salad has to be in my top three favourite salads and you will quickly realize how similar it is to bruschetta. Many cultures have different variations of these types of chopped salads but this specific recipe is inspired by one of my best friends Yasmin who is Persian and born in Iran. It is incredibly easy to make but does require some patience and love. The magic is in the fine dice so I highly suggest you take your time and enjoy the process. I took it up a slight notch and made homemade tortilla chips to go along with it but feel free to skip this step. Yas didn’t specify measurements so I made it according to taste.
Easiest Shirazi Salad
- 3 small flour tortillas cut into triangles — any tortilla chips work as well
- avocado oil spray — or any
- sprinkle of salt
- 3-4 Persian cucumbers
- ½ finely diced red onion
- 3 finely chopped vine tomatoes — or any⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 tablespoons olive oil grape juice in Shiraz is traditional
- juice of a whole lemon
- salt to taste
- tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- Preheat the oven to 425°F cut the tortilla with a knife into small triangles.
- Spray it with avocado oil spray and sprinkle with salt. Bake until golden — Mine took 12 minutes but it will depend on the oven. Once golden, set them aside.
- Now take your knife and make thin slices out of each Persian cucumber. You can stack 2-3 of the thin slices on top of each other and make 4 cuts lengthwise.
- Dice it into small pieces and add into the bowl. Finely dice the red onion and tomato and add it in.
- Feel free to dress the salad directly in the bowl or do what I did which is add olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and mint in a small mason jar and give it a shake.
- Pour the dressing on top and enjoy with the tortilla chips, on rice, on crostini or anyway you love.
Just made this and although it is cold and rainy in CT, this feels like summer. I have used these ingredients before but never thought to chop it so finely. Love how we find similarities through food.
Aw thanks for the comment Randy ! Appreciate it
I just tried this and OMG it is absolutely delicious and will definitely be a regular in salads and I have found a more healthy snack since I am a snack feign, thank you! I found you on TikTok and I am very pleased, again thank you for sharing your wonderful recipes ☺️
Soooo thrilled Adelina!!! So so happy you loved it
This was absolutely delicious!!! I burnt the first set of Tortilla chips but otherwise, very very easy to prep and make. This is a keeper!!
So Incredibly happy to hear that. Thank you for leaving such a nice comment