These zucchini pizza bites that are to die for! They make an easy and nutritious snack and are a low-carb and gluten-free alternative to wheat-based pizza. All you need is 4 ingredients and about 15 minutes. A perfect after-school snack, mid-day pick-me-up, or even a party appetizer.
Zucchini Pizza Bites
- 2 medium zucchini
- marinara sauce of choice (I like Rao's brand)
- grated parmesan cheese or any grated cheese you like
- dry oregano (optional)
- chopped fresh basil or parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. If your oven doesn’t go that high, just choose the highest setting that you can. If baking at a temp lower than 450F, your pizza bites may take longer to cook.
- Cut the zucchini into 1/4 inch thick circles or cut ovals by cutting at a diagonal. Lay the zucchini pieces on the baking sheet.
- Add 1 teaspoon of your favorite marinara sauce on top of each zucchini piece, followed by 1 teaspoon of parm or any cheese of choice. Sprinkle with some oregano, if using.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then change the oven setting to broil, and broil for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Garnish with basil or parsley, if using.