Zucchini Lasagna Loaf with Prosciutto and Mozzarella in a loaf pan is my new obsession. If you haven’t seen the viral video originally shared by @thediaryofsonia, you must check it out. When I saw Sonia share this recipe, I had to recreate it. Sonia calls this dish “ Sformato Di Zucchine” and it’s absolutely outstanding.
The layers of prosciutto and Fior di latte mozzarella are everything you need for the perfect bite. In my opinion, there’s nothing better than Parmigiano Reggiano, Fior di latte, and prosciutto layered between thin slices of zucchini. If you give this recipe a try, please leave me a comment below.
Zucchini Lasagna Loaf with Prosciutto and Mozzarella
- 3 very thinly sliced zucchini about 16 very thin slices, sliced with a knife or mandolin
- 125 grams (6-8 slices) of Fior di Latte Mozzarella you can use any mozzarella you like
- Freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano measure with your heart and please use a good quality block of parm only
- Small drizzle of olive oil about 1-2 teaspoons
- 4 slices Prosciutto prosciutto cotto also works
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Cut both ends of the zucchini and slice it into really thin strips. If you are unable to slice it with a knife, you can use a y-shaped potato peeler or a mandolin as the slices should be thin like ribbons.
- Place 4 slices of zucchini to the bottom of the loaf pan, add two slices of prosciutto, followed by slices of mozzarella. Dust the top with grated parmigiano Reggiano cheese and repeat the same step again.
- At this point you should have two layers of zucchini, prosciutto, mozzarella and parm.
- For the final and third layer I want you to skip the prosciutto and add zucchini, mozzarella, parm, and a tiny drizzle of olive oil on top.
- Bake in a preheated 425 F (220C) oven for 45 minutes or until golden on top. Enjoy!
If you make a recipe and love it, I kindly ask you to leave me a review. It would mean the world to me if you did
I can figure out the 4 slices of prosciutto but you may want to add them to the recipe for those that don’t read through before shopping.
Hi Jasmine! thanks sooo much for letting me know as it’s definitely supposed to be there. Mistake on our end ❤️
Can I make this in advance and keep in fridge?
You may want to adjust the number of mozzarella slices you have listed in the recipe (6-8) because the instructions have 3 layers of mozzarella and recommending 3-4 slices per layer.
I have to definitely clarify and modify the directions as it was only 6. I used a ball of fresh mozzarella and distributed it.
Delizioso, grazie per la ricetta
My pleasure beautiful!