4 Ingredient Vanilla Custard Without Eggs. This recipe goes out to all my custard lovers out there. We love custard in Bulgaria and we call this “krem”. We make a simple vanilla custard for dessert any chance we get, sometimes we make it with eggs, and sometimes we don’t. I figured I would share this recipe for anyone that loves custard but can’t tolerate eggs or for anyone that simply doesn’t know how easy it is to make at home. This custard is perfect layered with tea biscuits or even on its own. If you want to see our traditional Bulgarian custard cookie cake let me know below.
4 Ingredient Vanilla Bean Custard.
- 3 cups of milk — 750 ml
- ½ cup sugar — or to taste
- ¼ cup corn starch or corn flour
- 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla bean paste — pure vanilla extract is fine too
- Mix everything in a pot on the stove and whisk well.
- Turn the heat on and whisk or stir constantly on medium-low heat until it thickens.
- Let it cool and enjoy.