Stuffed Jalapeños with mozzarella, ricotta and parmigiana. Are you drooling yet? Me too! These are my mom’s very accidental creation as she randomly decided to stuff jalapeños when she had extra ricotta mixture from the eggplant rolls she was making years ago. They were absolutely the most delicious jalapeños I have ever had and I knew I couldn’t keep them a secret for much longer. If you are a lover of jalapeños, you will go to heaven and back with this recipe.
Three Cheese Stuffed Jalapeños
- 14 Jalapeños seeded
- 3/4-1 cup ricotta
- 1 egg or leave it out
- salt to taste
- ½ cup grated parmigiano
- 1-1.5 cups marinara or as much as you like
- ½ cup mozzarella or as much as you like
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Wash and cut the ends of the Jalapeños and discard the seeds with a knife or a spoon but be gentle. In a separate bowl add the ricotta, parm, egg, dash of salt and mix.
- Take a small pan (we used 8 by 8) and add marinara sauce to cover the bottom (we used our own homemade sugo/sauce but you can use any store bought like Rao’s)
- Take each jalapeño and with a tiny spoon or a piping bag add ricotta mixture to each one making sure you push it down gently.
- Add them all to your baking dish, top with more marinara and some mozzarella.
- Bake at 400F for 35-40 minutes or until nice and melted and the peppers are soft but also have a bite to them. Enjoy.