on Jan 30, 2022, Updated Jan 23, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Ravioli soup is the ultimate comfort food. This is hands-down the most delicious soup on my page and one I need you to make. It is comforting, hearty and everything you want in a soup but more.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 mild sausages, 450 grams — pork, turkey or chicken works
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- salt, pepper, to taste
- teaspoon dry oregano
- 1.5 cups plain tomato sauce
- 1.5 cups organic bone broth or stock
- 4 cups filtered water
- 300 grams ravioli — 4 cups or as
- much as you like
- handful of chopped kale or spinach is optional
- In a pot on medium high heat add a touch of olive oil or even avocado oil. Take the sausage out of its casing ( or use ground meat ) and add it to your pot.
- Begin to break it up into little pieces and make sure you fry it until golden and the liquid has evaporated — took me about 10 minutes.
- Once the sausage has browned and water has evaporated you can remove the sausage into a bowl with paper towel and discard any of the excess oil.
- Add the sausage back in with the onions and garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add salt, pepper, dry oregano taste and stir.
- Add the tomato sauce, bone broth and water. Let it simmer for 20 minutes. Add the ravioli and kale and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Take it off the heat and enjoy.