on Nov 06, 2021, Updated Sep 16, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Delicious Pot Roast that’s baked with veggies in an incredible gravy. If this isn’t comfort food I don’t know what is, and it’s the absolute perfect recipe for the holidays. Not only is it easy but it’s foolproof. Requires minimal ingredients in a little bit of patience. For this recipe will need:
Table of Contents
- 2-3 lb chuck roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- flour for the coating
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil , or any
- 1 sliced onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour for the rue
- 500 ml any broth of choice , I love veggie
- 1 cup of extra broth or water if needed after the 2 hours
- 5 quartered potatoes
- 1 diced celery stalk
- 2 diced carrots
- parsley for garnish , is optional
- Pre-heat oven to 300F. Let the meat rest for at least 30 minutes at room temp. Generously season with salt and pepper and coat it with flour.
- Add the oil in a skillet and heat it up.
- Place the roast in the hot skillet and make sure it sizzles in secret on each side until golden. Take it out, place it into your baking dish and reduce the heat to medium low in the pan.
- Add the onions and sauté for about a minute and then add the garlic and cook it off for a few seconds.
- Add the flour and broth of choice and stir as it thickens. Taste and adjust for salt, take it off the heat and pour it on top of the roast.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 300 Fahrenheit for two hours. After two hours take out the baking dish, remove the foil and add all of the veggies +1 cup of extra stock or water if needed.
- Tiny sprinkle of salt on the potatoes, add the foil back on and bake for another 1.5 hours or until it falls apart. Garnish with parsley and enjoy.