This is the best healthy creamy shrimp dish you will ever taste. The sauce is everything you want, and more. It is simple to make, dairy-free, and something that you can enjoy on Christmas Eve for all of you that love seafood. Not only does this recipe take 10 minutes to whip up, but it’s also incredibly healthy as well.
Healthy Creamy Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ a finely diced yellow onion
- chilli flakes optional
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup white wine or stock veggie broth works well
- 1 can of coconut milk, 400ml
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 25-30 deveined shrimp the shells add more flavour but you will have to peel them.
- parsley for garnish
- In a pan on medium-high heat sauté the onions in a little bit of olive oil for about a minute. Add the chili flakes, minced garlic, and give it a stir.
- Add the tomato paste and stir again. To deglaze the pan, you can use some white wine or any stock you like.
- Cook off the white wine fully for about 1-2 minutes and add in the coconut milk. Stir and season with a touch of salt and pepper.
- Let it simmer on medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes and add in the shrimp, fish, or chickpeas if you are plant based. Let the shrimp cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Once the shrimp is pink and curled up take it off the heat immediately. Garnish with parsley and serve on its own that you can dip with bread, on top of rice, or even with pasta. Enjoy and please share this recipe with your loved ones.