Healthy chocolate fudge smoothie. I was asked to create a gut friendly recipe as part of a campaign and was beyond thrilled. I chose ingredients from the periodic table of microbiome friendly foods and this smoothie is not only gut friendly, but incredibly delicious. You are more than welcome to incorporate your favourite protein powder in this recipe but Im not sure how gut friendly it will be based on the protein powder you choose so keep that in mind.
Healthy Chocolate Fudge Smoothie
- 1.5 cups of unsweetened almond milk – coconut milk is fine as well
- ½ of a ripe banana
- 4 strawberries
- ¼ of an avocado – leave out if allergic
- ½ tablespoon nut or seed butter – I used almond
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
- 1-2 pitted medjool dates for extra sweetness if needed
- cacao nibs or dark chocolate shavings for presentation are optional
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend.
- Adjust the sweetness accordingly, my banana wasn’t as sweet so I added 2 pitted dates as this recipe makes 2 portions. You can make it as thin or thick as you like by adjusting the almond milk or milk of choice. Enjoy!