This has to be one of my all-time favourite things to eat. I mean who doesn’t like a sweet fluffy roll that’s filled with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. This Fluffiest Cinnamon Rolls recipe is easy but you must follow my instructions correctly. Since I personally don’t care about the icing, I’m just doing a very basic one but you are more than welcome to make a cream cheese icing if you wish. I will list all of the ingredients below only as I cannot fit the full directions in the description so please watch my video until the end. You will need:
Fluffiest Cinnamon Rolls
Activating the yeast:
- 1 ¼ th cup warm milk or plain almond milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar to activate yeast
- 1 package active dry yeast or 2 1/4 teaspoons
- For the stand mixer:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons melted butter which is 1/2 stick of butter or 1/4 cups
- 3 tablespoons of sugar for the mixer bowl
- activated yeast mixture which is above
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter 1 stick or earth balance
- ½ cup brown light, or coconut sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Icing:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons nut milk
- In a bowl start by activating the yeast by adding 1 tablespoon of sugar, one pack of the active dry yeast and 1 + ¼ cup warm milk.
- The milk must be warm, not hot, and not cold. Once it activates and foams up, it is ready to use. If it does not foam up, you have to start this step again.
- In your stand mixer you can now add the flour, 3 tablespoons of sugar, ¼ cup of the melted butter, the activated yeast mixture and ½ teaspoons of salt. Knead it with the dough hook attachment on medium-low speed until the dough forms and pulls away from the sides. Mine took 7-8 minutes.
- Oil it up, cover it and let it rise in a warm spot away from drafts for 2 hours.
- While it rests you can combine the filling. In a bowl add the softened butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt and incorporate until a nice thick paste.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down and oil up your counter a little bit so nothing sticks. Pour out the dough and roll it out into a nice rectangle, approximately 11 by 8 inches. Spread on the filling evenly and begin to roll up your dough jelly-roll style up starting with the longer side into one big roll.
- Cut the roll into 10 pieces using a sharp knife or some dental floss and set each roll into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover and let it rest for another 30 minutes.
- Once it has risen, take off the cover and bake in a pre-heated 350F oven for 15-30 minutes or until golden. Mix the icing together and pour on top. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator once they cool and re-heat any time.
- To freeze the baked rolls, bake as directed and cool completely. Tightly cover them and freeze. When ready to use, thaw overnight in the fridge. The next morning, cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Enjoy.