Valentines Day Appetizer
on Feb 12, 2022, Updated Feb 10, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Food is L O V E — Making food that looks pretty but also tastes delicious is what makes me incredibly happy. This easy but delicious appetizer is perfect for Valentines, Galantines, or any special occasion. Valentines Day is not only about celebrating the love between you and your spouse, it’s about celebrating self-love, love for your siblings, love for your kids, parents, best friends, or anyone special in your life. My cute antipasti cheesy love skewers are so easy and fun to make so please give them a try.
Table of Contents
- 22 oval cherry tomatoes
- 11 mini Bocconcini
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- basil for garnish
- salt to taste
- drizzle of olive oil
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar , or buy balsamic glaze
- Start by cutting the cherry tomatoes on an angle. They should be placed on a board length wise. You have to make a diagonal cut so that they can make the perfect heart shape. If you need to test it with a few tomatoes until you get it right please do so. Once you have the cherry tomatoes cut rotate each piece so that it makes a heart.
- Take any small skewers of choice and poke the skewer through the heart lengthwise. Add one piece of mini Bocconcini cheese in the middle and then skewer on another heart. Do this step for each one.
- You can now take the provolone cheese slices and stack three round slices on top of each other. Take mini heart shaped cookie cutters and cut out little heart shapes. Any cheese scraps can go back in the fridge for recipes or as a snack. Cut out as many hearts as you desire.
- Arrange the skewers in a small plate and place the cheese hearts all around. Add some basil for presentation, you can use some parsley as well.
- Now for the glaze, you can simply use store bought but if you don’t have any on hand you can make your own. Just add balsamic vinegar to a small pan or a small pot on the stove and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low as soon as it starts to boil and let it simmer until it has fully thickened and reduced. Mine took about 8 minutes. Take it off the heat.
- Add a touch of salt and olive oil to your antipasti heart sticks and drizzle on that beautiful glaze. Enjoy.