Easy Pizza Bites
on Sep 07, 2022, Updated Sep 02, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These easy cheesy pizza bites will blow you away. They are perfect for back-to-school lunches or as an after-school snack. I don’t have a kid, but my hubby (Steve), ate every single one of these. Containing just 4 ingredients, these couldn’t be easier to make. I know how overwhelming lunch-making can be, so I made came up with something that’s appealing and fun for kids but also takes no time at all.
These are ooey gooey, offering all the flavor of pizza but at a fraction of the labor and time a full pizza takes to make. Being bite-size makes them a hit for kids and also as a party appetizer. You can prepare these ahead of time, freeze them, and heat them up in the morning while you’re packing lunches. I have been told that they store beautifully in a thermos after they are heated up, but please let me know in the comments below if you try.
Variations and Substitutions
There are so many ways to personalize these pizza bites, including but not limited to:
- Try different toppings, in addition to or in place of the pepperoni, such as sliced black olives, thinly sliced bell or sweet peppers, or a small slice of deli ham.
- Other melty cheeses, such as muenster, swiss, or provolone, are also delicious in addition to or in place of the mozzarella.
- For a sophisticated twist, swap the pizza sauce for pesto and the pepperoni for a halved cherry tomato.
Best served with
- These pizza bites are a perfect main dish or party app, but paired with a cozy soup, they make a complete meal. Try my Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup.
- Ranch and pizza is a classic combo; you can make your own Easy Ranch Dressing, following this recipe.
- A Simple Wedge Salad completes this pizza parlor-inspired meal.
Yes, bake the pizza bites, let cool, then freeze on a baking sheet lined in parchment paper. Once fully frozen, transfer to a freezer-safe container or plastic bag and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
When taking out of the freezer you can reheat them for 10 to 15 minutes in the oven at 325F, or until warm.
Easy Pizza Bites
- One 8 ounce Pillsbury crescent rolls dough
- avocado oil spray , (optional) to help prevent sticking
- 8 teaspoons pizza sauce, such as Rao's or any brand you like
- 8 pieces fresh mozzarella cheese, you can use shredded as well
- 8 slices pepperoni, you can use turkey pepperoni as well
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Unroll the Pillsbury dough, pull apart each piece and take each triangle and roll it into a ball. Flatten that dough ball and spray your muffin tin with some avocado spray, if using. If your muffin tin is brand new and non-stick you might not have to spray it at all.
- I flatten each piece of dough into the muffin tin and make sure to press it down and along the sides so that it looks like a little cup.
- Place 1 teaspoon of pizza sauce into each cup and top with a piece of mozzarella.
- Add a slice of pepperoni on top and bake for 15 minutes or until the pizza bites are puffed up and golden. Enjoy!