Easy Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings. This recipe will have you licking your fingers and coming back for more. These wings are incredibly delicious made with roasted garlic and the finest of all cheeses also known as Parmigiano Reggiano. Absolutely perfect for game day or any day of the week!
- 2.5 lbs chicken wings — 20 wings
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or any oil
- big pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small whole head of garlic + a touch of oil + salt and pepper
- ½ stick of butter 4 tablespoons
- 1 cup of finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese good quality
- 3 tablespoons of sour cream
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Take a whole head of garlic, cut off the top so that the garlic is exposed. Add a touch of oil + salt and pepper. Wrap it in foil (or parchment paper) and bake at 400F for 35-40 minutes or until the garlic is caramelized and soft.
- Let it cool, squeeze it out of its shell into a bowl and give it a mash or a stir. Set it aside. Now add the chicken wings to a big bowl and season with salt, pepper, and add the oil.
- With clean hands, massage it really well and add the chicken wings to the air-fryer basket making sure you don’t overlap them.
- You can absolutely do this in the oven too just look at my notes below.
- Air-fry at 380F for 25 minutes tossing them halfway through. If the air-fryer has preheating instructions please preheat it for 5 minutes prior.
- Five minutes before the wings are done, In a pan on the stove add the butter on low heat and let it melt. Stir in the grated parmesan and squeeze in the roasted garlic.
- Add in the sour cream and and stir. Once the sauce is creamy and smooth, take it off the heat. Pour on top of the hot wings, garnish with parsley and enjoy!