This recipe is inspired and adapted from Weight Watchers. I am not really sure where it first started but I believe it was the WW community that had shared it 5+ years ago. I adjusted some of the Ingredients and measurements to my liking so I hope you love it too. True love does exist in a form of a bagel, and not only any bagel, the most delicious, easy 5 Ingredient yogurt bagel have I ever tasted in my life. It took me 5 minutes to whip up and only 25 minutes to bake. It is the easiest recipe by far. You will need:
Easy Five Ingredient Protein Bagels
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plain yogurt — I used 6 %
- teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- egg wash or oil
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and yogurt to a bowl and stir until you have a sticky dough. Sprinkle extra flour onto the counter or work surface and pour the dough on top.
- Start kneading gently and you might notice that the dough might still be sticking to your hands so every few seconds sprinkle in some flour a little at a time until your dough is nice and soft. It will still be sticky on the inside so don’t worry as long as it’s not sticking to your hands as you shape it⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Once it’s nice and smooth shape it into a ball and cut it in four equal pieces. Roll each piece unto a ball, flatten it a bit and poke a hole with your finger in the middle as you stretch it out to form a bagel. You can also take one piece of dough and roll it with your hands until you have a thick rope and pinch it together which is my original method that also works.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Beat the egg in a small bowl and add a tablespoon of water to it and mix — or use oil if you are egg-free. Place the formed bagels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, take a brush and brush it with your egg wash or oil. Sprinkle your bagels with sesame/poppy seeds or everything but the bagel seasoning and bake for 20-25 minutes. Check on them to see if they are puffed up and golden brown on the bottom. Enjoy
Are your oven temperatures based on a fan forced oven? Here In Australia we don’t just have a static oven
Mine doesn’t have a fan either hun.