This easy 5 ingredient Irish soda bread is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day and beyond! It’s easy and incredibly delicious so I hope you get a chance to make it. This bread only takes 10 minutes to whip up and everything gets added to one bowl. It’s a very quick bread that doesn’t require any kneading. It’s perfect when sliced and toasted with butter or just as is! Happy St Paddy’s Day to all my Irish friends that celebrate and thank you for sharing your traditions with the world. Cheers!
Irish Soda Bread
- 4 cups all-purpose flour 451 grams
- 1 teaspoon salt 7 grams
- 1 teaspoon baking soda 5 grams
- 1 + 3/4 cup buttermilk 416ml
- 1 cup raisins 120 grams
- caraway seeds are optional
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- To a bowl, sift in the all-purpose flour and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir it and then switch over to your hands. You don’t need to knead it but mix it well and combine it until a nice tacky dough ball forms.
- Place the dough ball on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flatten it until it’s 1-2 inches in thickness. Score the top and optionally you can brush it with some egg- wash which consists of 1 whisked egg + 1 tablespoon of water to get that golden crust.
- Bake in a preheated 425F oven for 15 minutes, reduce the heat to 400F and bake for another 25-30 minutes. Keep an eye on it as the timing will depend on the oven. Enjoy
I made the bread using the same measurements except I had to add half a cup of all purpose flour to the almond flour I was using because the dough was a little sticky at the end. I curled almond milk with the recipe instructions and it worked , the milk was bubbly and sour, I also used cranberries instead of raisins because that’s what I had.
I am not a baker and this recipe was sooooooo easy and very delicious. Thank you @themodernnonna✅
Thank you Love ! Sooo happy Almond Flour + All purpose flour worked together and Im happy the almond milk curdled just like regular milk !! Amazing improvisation ❤️❤️❤️
Omg Adriana , BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thank you for sharing 🙂
I made this Irish Soda Bread for St. Patrick’s Day and didn’t have buttermilk so I used regular milk with lemon like suggested. It worked like a charm. I didn’t have any raisins either so I used dryed cranberries. So good!