Crispy Garlic Parm Smashed Potatoes. Crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside, these potatoes are a dream. They are very easy to make and a side dish that would impress anyone. They pair perfectly with sour cream, tzatziki, garlic dips, or anything creamy. They only take a few minutes to prep, and seconds to devour so I suggest you double this recipe.
Crispy Garlic Parm Smashed Potatoes
- 13 mini yellow potatoes or any you like
- generously salted water for boiling the potatoes
- ½ stick of softened butter which is 4 tablespoons
- ½ cup of good quality grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- pinch of salt and dry parsley any herbs you like
- a touch more olive oil for the baking dish or any oil you have on hand
- Wash the potatoes and generously salt a pot of water. Add them in and boil until fork tender or until the tip of a knife is inserted easily. Mine took about 15 minutes from the boiling point but keep an eye on them.
- In the meantime, add the softened butter to a bowl with the grated parm, minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and parsley. Mix until smooth and creamy. Feel free to add dill instead of parsley or any herbs you enjoy.
- Once the potatoes are boiled, drain the water, let them cool a bit or until you can handle them easily. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add a tiny drizzle of oil.
- Take a potato, roll it in the oil, and gently press down with the bottom of a glass. I like to add a little bit of oil so that I can roll the potato in it before I press it down so that the glass doesn’t stick to the potato. Continue to repeat this step for the remaining potatoes until they are all flat.
- Once the potatoes are flat, brush on the garlic-parm butter mixture onto each one. Each potato should be nicely coated in the butter.
- Bake at 425F for 30-40 minutes or until crispy and golden. Keep an eye them is every oven is different. Enjoy