Natures Chocolate Covered “Candy”. Trust me on this one, my family is not a fan of dates but they cannot get enough of these. I have been showing you the date treats I eat on here for years but let’s take it up a notch. My sweet tooth has been acting up like crazy these days. Dates are nature’s candy, they really are one of the most magnificent natural treats that offer a significant amount of fiber and variety of vitamins and minerals, including iron, potassium, B vitamins, copper, and magnesium. They can also help keep your blood sugar levels at bay as they are known to be low on the glycemic index scale. If you are anything like me, then that means you are a lover of sweet and salty together.
Chocolate Covered Dates with Nut Butter
- 6 pitted Medjool dates
- nut or seed butter
- any chocolate chips melted
- Lay your date flat and open it up lengthwise from the top , you can even cut it lengthwise as well , take out the pit and fill it with a teaspoon of peanut butter or any nut or seed butter that you love ( I use organic )
- You can add a pecan inside or any nut of choice and freeze them for 30 minutes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Once frozen, melt your favourite chocolate and coat them with a spoon (I used vegan dark). Freeze again for 10 minutes and enjoy.
- They can be stored in the fridge or freezer as well. Flakey salt is optional but I prefer it without.
Dates are so versatile, you can stuff them with goat cheese and bake them, add them to smoothies, acai bowls, and coffee. You can make desserts out of them and use them a million different ways. If you are a lover of dates or have a sweet tooth I encourage you to give this a try instead of a candy bar. Love you guys, hope I was able to give you a really tasty treat idea.