My 5 Ingredient “Spanakopita” Puff Pastry Galette. This is not traditional to my beautiful Greek spinach and feta phyllo but it hits all the right spots with the same flavor. It’s incredibly easy to make and it takes 30 minutes from start to finish including the baking time. You can even mix your filling the night before and just assemble it the day of. I will give you all the tips in the notes below. For this recipe you will need:
5 Ingredient “Spanakopita” Puff Pastry Galette
- 1 10 by 10 inch puff pastry sheet
- dusting of flour optional but helpful
- ⅓ cup grated mozzarella
- 100 grams any feta
- 1 egg — replacement below
- ¾ cup of frozen thawed spinach that you squeezed out from the water
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Thaw your puff pastry as per the package instructions and dust your board, counter, or to save time you can do this straight onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper too.
- I place my puff pastry on top and I fold all the edges about a quarter inch towards the middle. I take a fork and dip it in flour and a crimp the edges all around. In a separate bowl whisk one egg with a little bit of water and brush it all around the border.
- To make the filling add the mozzarella, egg, feta, and spinach into a separate bowl and mix it together. Add the filling to the middle of your pastry and spread it in the middle within the square with a spoon.
- Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Optionally broil for 1 minute on top but watch it the whole time. Enjoy and please share it with your love ones.
I have made this several times now. So easy and so good!!!
Thank you Annie. So glad 🙂
This looks delicious. One question – do you use fresh mozzarella or a chunk from the deli?
Hi love I get the one in the package by “ Mozza “ but you can use any you like